News & Updates
The journey from Fairman Studios' MICA MPS-BAD degree to Up/Start 2018 and the evolution of Illustr8science® is featured in the newest issue of COMMOTION, MICA's Graduate Studies alumni magazine. View the article by clicking on the images below, or...read more
The Up/Start Venture Competition, an initiative of MICApreneurship, focuses on incubating and building creative business ventures within the MICA community. Working with industry partners, UP/Start provides mentorship and capital to help nurture ideas into sustainable businesses…read more
Fairman Studios LLC, founded by Jennifer Fairman, took home the top funding prize in the MICA’s third annual UP/Start Venture Competition. The final leg of the competition was held Thursday evening on MICA’s Baltimore campus. Eight student and alumni-led companies competed for more than $100,000 in prizes…read more
Jennifer ‘Jeni’ Fairman ’17 (Business of Art & Design M.P.S.) never thought she would be a business owner. After receiving her first Masters degree in medical and biological illustration from the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Fairman envisioned her life post-grad, where working for an employer for a myriad of years would be the norm…read more
Fairman Studios: Jennifer Fairman, a Master’s student in MICA’s Business of Art and Design program, won $30,000 to grow her visual communication services for health sciences. The studio has shades of Baltimore’s creative and scientific sides, specializing in illustration, animation and infographics…read more
We know you have been waiting for this site and it is coming February 22nd, 2019. Visit us on Facebook for news and updates!
Read more about our progress:
- Eight creative ventures chosen to compete in MICA Up/Start competition, Baltimore Business Journal, Feb 13, 2018.
- These 8 startups are finalists in MICA’s 2018 venture competition, Technical.ly / Baltimore, February 8, 2018
- These creative ventures pitched at MICA’s Up/Start venture competition, Technical.ly / Baltimore, April 6, 2018
- MICA student-led startups take home $105,000 in prizes at venture competition, Baltimore Business Journal, Apr 6, 2018
- Maryland Institute College of Art: MICA Awards Over $100K to Creative Entrepreneurs at UP/Start Finale, Seed funding awarded to 6 MICA student and alumni teams for their creative innovative businesses. Medium, Apr 5, 2018.
- Fairman Studios, LLC — Winner $30K in 2018 UP/Start Competition. Medium, Apr 5, 2018.