News & Updates
The Up/Start Venture Competition, an initiative of MICApreneurship, focuses on incubating and building creative business ventures within the MICA community. Working with industry partners, UP/Start provides mentorship and capital to help nurture ideas into sustainable businesses…
Fairman Studios LLC, founded by Jennifer Fairman, took home the top funding prize in the MICA’s third annual UP/Start Venture Competition. The final leg of the competition was held Thursday evening on MICA’s Baltimore campus. Eight student and alumni-led companies competed for more than $100,000 in prizes…
Jennifer ‘Jeni’ Fairman ’17 (Business of Art & Design M.P.S.) never thought she would be a business owner. After receiving her first Masters degree in medical and biological illustration from the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Fairman envisioned her life post-grad, where working for an employer for a myriad of years would be the norm…
We know you have been waiting for this site and it is coming February 22nd, 2019. Visit us on Facebook for news and updates!
Read more about our progress:
- Eight creative ventures chosen to compete in MICA Up/Start competition, Baltimore Business Journal, Feb 13, 2018.
- These 8 startups are finalists in MICA’s 2018 venture competition, Technical.ly / Baltimore, February 8, 2018
- These creative ventures pitched at MICA’s Up/Start venture competition, Technical.ly / Baltimore, April 6, 2018
- MICA student-led startups take home $105,000 in prizes at venture competition, Baltimore Business Journal, Apr 6, 2018
- Maryland Institute College of Art: MICA Awards Over $100K to Creative Entrepreneurs at UP/Start Finale, Seed funding awarded to 6 MICA student and alumni teams for their creative innovative businesses. Medium, Apr 5, 2018.
- Fairman Studios, LLC — Winner $30K in 2018 UP/Start Competition. Medium, Apr 5, 2018.